Guess what, if you’re reading this more than likely you didn’t win the Powerball and neither did I. Crazy thing is, the winning numbers had a few digits representing my birthday in them. Another crazy thing is, I played my kids’ birthdays & not mines. But I digress.
So I didn’t win the Powerball, but you know what happened to me the day before the lotto drawing? I paid off my other car 2 years ahead of schedule freeing up about $500 a month. I know it doesn’t sound as impressive as hitting the lottery for an endless supply of racks on top of racks, but that’s $6000 a year staying in my pocket. Two cars & a motorcycle completely paid for. How many of you out there can honestly say that you flat out own every one of your vehicles? I’m willing to bet not many. But that’s besides the point. The point is, now that I’m one less bill “rich”, what do I do with all of this money?
I’ve been thinking long & hard about what to do with this rediscovered $500 a month that was magically hijacked out of my account for the last 2 and a half years and to be honest, I can’t think of much really…besides putting it away in the rainy day or investment collection plate.
But here are some things I will NOT be doing with my long lost $500 a month that has returned to me:
- I will not be standing in line to cop a pair of Jordans. Nope. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. I won’t even buy my 1 year old a pair. Seriously, I was in Kid’s FootLocker the other day buying my oldest son some shoes. Baby Jordans cost about $50-60. Fifty to sixty dollars for a pair of baby shoes. Get the complete all outdoors, not once but twice, fuck up outta here. You should have seen all the dusty knee grows in there getting their miscellaneous kids a pair. Sad.
- I will not be posting pictures of me posing with stacks of money on social media. I’ve yet to fully comprehend this practice. I’ve yet to see Bill Gates posting pictures talking into a stack of money. But for some reason I always see Ray Ray & Bonkwikwi doing this ignorant shit. The backgrounds of these pictures often tend to have section 8 decor going on too. Why is that? Who knows. Now, I might post a picture of the latest title I own before it goes into my fireproof safe. Maybe.
- I will not put 30″ rims on my car like that video I saw on Facebook earlier today. Nigga why? That’s just entirely too much damn wheel. You know damn well dude more than likely didn’t do any engine work to the car to adjust for the car turning those big ass circles. Why 30″ tho? I don’t get it.
- I will not be increasing my donation to the church’s building fund. I’ve yet to see a new door knob go up. Realistically, I haven’t been to church in so long, I don’t even know why I added this to the list. But if I had been going…then this would be my excuse.
- I will not renew my XM radio subscription that expired 2 days ago coincidentally. Seriously, out of all of the channels on XM radio, I only listen to maybe 2 and I only listen to those 2 during certain times of the day when certain shows are playing. But then again, the car that has XM radio in it, I don’t even drive 90% of the time. The wife person does. Maybe she should pay for the XM subscription. Doubt she will.
- I will not tell my family members that I have one less bill to worry about. I’m talking about cousins and shit. That’s one less hand that will be extended in my face asking for a few dollars to help them out with a newly discovered problem that only came about once they discovered I had some extra money laying around.
These are just some of the things I know for sure I will not be doing since I’m officially one less bill rich.